Social Media Posting Frequency
Social Media posting frequency – how much is too much? How much is not enough? I’m beginning to feel information-overload here. I’ve been researching the latest trends in Search Engine Optimization, Social Media and Marketing. How often do I post to Facebook? How often should I post to Instagram? Should I link Instagram to Facebook? Is Twitter even important anymore? After awhile my head spins. Now I’m a pretty social girl, but holy cow there’s a lot of information out there!
So I had to get all of my thoughts down on paper (virtually of course) so I could make a game plan. I started by Googling about social media frequency, content and search engine optimization. Then I made a list to consolidate all of this SEO/Social Media information onto one page. Now I have more of a plan. I’m sharing it with friends. And you.
- Blog Posting: Weekly – set a schedule
- Facebook/Google+: Post once per day or 5-10 times per week
- Twitter: Five tweets per day/individual; 30 tweets per day/brand
- Instagram: No downside to high frequency posting
- LinkedIn: A good guideline is to post one article per week and 1-2 short updates per day. 20 posts per month.
- #Hashtags: Call to action, conversation starter; no more than three per post. And be careful about your hashtags – make sure the words don’t spell out something that you don’t want – worse yet, offensive.
- YouTube: Once a week to once a month. Owned by Google, the second largest search engine – videos are moving closer to the top of results.
So there you have it. A quick little Social Media reference list to start with. Keep in mind that every company and it’s followers are different; different Social Media strategies may be more effective. See what works for you.